Alliance brand polymeric paver sand Supersand will set and become very firm and locks between the paver joints while still retaining flexibility and providing a long lasting, durable jointing material. Supersand Bond is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios and walkway landscape paver joints. Click the logo link below for additional product informatin.
Installation Guide Lines
- Pavers’ sides and top surfaces must be completely dry. Do not apply if the paver surface is damp or wet. The damp or wet surface will cause Supersand Bond to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the paver surface.
- Do not apply if the paver joints are damp or wet. This will prevent the Supersand Bond from properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the product’s performance.
- Temperature must be above 32°F (0°C) with dry conditions (no rain for at least 1 hour) after installing Supersand Bond
- For all paver surfaces, and particularly around in-ground pools, there must be a slope of 1/8 inch (3 mm) per linear foot away from the edge of the pool or structures to ensure optimal performance of the Supersand Bond .
- Do not sweep Supersand Bond over asphalt.
- For the pool coping units it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the paver installation around the pool, you can use Supersand Bond.
- Install Supersand Bond a minimum of 1/8 inch (3 mm) below the paver surface or erosion may occur. The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tires.